Monday, April 11, 2011

Big Shot Class - Felt Flower Keychain

I LOVE MY BIG SHOT!!! I had a Big Shot class yesterday for my customers & downline. I wanted to show a lot of different things that you can do with the Big Shot. Here is one of the projects we made... Felt Flower Keychains. (I got the original idea from this blog.)


I actually made a batch of these late last year for a swap with my Stampin' Up! friends. We do an annual gift exchange and this is what I chose to make. Super fun and super easy!
I was happy that the Stampin' Up! buttons even matched the felt I had purchased!

Tip #1: I folded a piece of red felt over the 3rd largest flower on the die and put the fold line just below the top of ONE of the petals. That created the place to hold the key ring.
Tip #2: I sewed the button onto the pink, orange and top layer of red felt ONLY. Then I used mini glue dots to secure the two red layers. Doing it this way ensures there are no stitches showing on the back side of the keychain. Nice & clean!

Let me know if you have questions!

~Enjoy!

Order Online 24/7 - click here!


Accessories: Big Shot, Flower Folds Die, Big Designer Buttons - Candy Cane (Holiday Mini 2010), Mini Glue Dots
Other: Felt, Key Rings, Thread

3 comments:

  1. these are soooooo cute thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great project. I'm sure everyone had a great time learning all the fun stuff you can do with the big shot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I will have to add these to my "list of things to make".

    Thanks for sharing
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails